CE marking is a mandatory conformity marking for certain products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA) since 1985. The CE marking is also found on products sold outside the EEA that are manufactured in, or designed to be sold in, the EEA.
CE Certification confirms that your product complies with all relevant European directives. It indicates that the product is allowed to be traded within the European Economic Area.
The letters “CE” are the abbreviation of French phrase “Conformité Européene” which literally means “European Conformity”.
CE Marking is applicable for all the products, that manufacturer declares are the products that complies with the essential requirements of the relevant European health, safety and environmental protection legislation.
Some of the benefits to your organization:
- Entry gate for Exports to European market.
- Confidence in product quality and safety.
- Better prospects in Exports business.
- CE Marking on a product indicates to governmental officials that the product may be legally placed on the market in their country.
- Identify the product within purview of CE Marking.
- Understand technical and system related requirements applicable as per the relevant directive i.e. PED, MED etc.
- Implement system as per the directive.
- Technical documentation including Technical Construction File (TCF)
- Document submission and product testing.