ISO 22000 combines and supplements the core elements of ISO 9001 and HACCP to provide an effective framework for the development, implementation and continual improvement of a Food Safety Management System (FSMS).
ISO 22000 can be used by any organization directly or indirectly involved in the food chain including:
- Farms, fisheries and dairies
- Processors of meats, fish and feed
- Manufacturers of bread and cereals, beverages, canned and frozen food
- Food service providers such as restaurants, fast food chains, hospitals and hotels and mobile caterers
- Supporting services including food storage and distribution and suppliers of food processing equipment, additives, raw materials, cleaning and sanitizing products, and packaging.
In summary, part or all of the ISO 22000 requirements will apply to any products that contact the food industry or the food chain.
Some of the benefits to your organization:
- Customer satisfaction
- Reduced operating costs through operational efficiencies
- Improved stakeholder relationships
- Improved risk management
- Proven business credentials
- Ability to win more business
- Identify the processes of the organization
- Identifying the critical points in operations
- Preparing policies and procedures
- Risk assessment and mitigation planning
- Monitoring of the system
- Internal audits / Management Review
- Certification audit (Stage 1 and 2)